Dear Charlemagne Families:
Thank you so much to all the families who participated in Math-a-Thon! And a huge thank you to Rachel Anderson, who ran our highly successful Math-a-Thon this year – she did an amazing job raising funds for the school while also creating a super fun environment for kids to enjoy math.
Our class party winners are both kindergarten classes and both 1st grade classes! They earned a Star Wars party with a baby Yoda craft, a game, and a visit from Darth Vader. We will be scheduling parties for each grade soon, and if you are a parent interested in volunteering to help with the party, please let us know. In the meantime, thanks again to everyone for our Math-a-Thon success!
Valentine’s Day is coming up at the end of this week. We know that many children love to celebrate, but please do not send your children with individual cards or treats for other classroom peers without their teacher’s permission. Many classes have activities already planned to insure all children receive notes and no one feels left out. In addition, please do not send candy to school– it does not support the 4j Wellness Policy and can cause disruptions on campus.
Mardi Gras Carnival
Coming soon… fun for the whole family!
Friday, February 21 from 5:00-7:30 pm
Our school carnival is on its way in just a few short weeks! Mardi Gras is a time to be together as a community, enjoying each others’ company, playing old-fashioned and new carnival games and having fun.
We would love to have your help to make this event as great as possible for the kids! Below are two sign-up links:
- Help for tasks leading up to our Carnival:
- Pitching in during the day of the Carnival from set-up to pack-down:
In addition to helping out with tasks and activities, we are hoping to borrow some supplies for the hugely popular Cake Walk room: a few strings of lights (warm yellow and/ or multi colored) and some cake stands. And if you have any plain flat bedsheets that you might be willing to donate, we can use them in the gym.
We are so grateful for your community spirit!
Oregon Battle of the Books
OBOB battles are scheduled for Thursday, February 27. We will be starting at 8:45 am and will have three battles going on at once, in three different rooms.
The final battle will be at an assembly for grades 2-5 on on Friday, February 28 at 11:00 am.
Because we will have the first three battles happening at once, we need assistance with reading questions, keeping time and keeping score. If there are any volunteers who would be willing to help on Thursday, February 27, please contact Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charlemagne’s Soiree is the school’s largest fundraiser. This year, Soiree is scheduled for Friday, April 17, so please be sure to save the date! The auction raises thousands of dollars for educational assistants and French-speaking Amity interns. It enables us to have classroom assistants to help keep our class sizes manageable and provide intervention for students who need support.
There are several ways you can help contribute to the Soiree.
- If you have or know of a business who would like to Sponsor the Soiree, we have multiple levels of sponsorships available with marketing packages!
- If you or someone you know has a business or a skill that would make a good silent auction item, please donate! Possibilities are endless but examples could include gift certificates, artwork, experiences, tickets to an event, gift baskets, etc.
- If you or someone you know has an experience that would make a good live auction package, please consider donating. Examples include cooking a meal for a group of people, party packages, vacation rentals, or even things we can combine with other donations to create a package. We would be happy to brainstorm with you how any of this may work!
- If you have any amount of time to volunteer there are several ways you can help leading up to the auction or on the day of the auction! It does not need to be a lot of time – even a couple hours can make a big impact!
For any questions about the Soiree or how you can help, please contact our amazing Soiree coordinator, Mara Gregory. You can email her at Mara-Gregory@kw.com or call her at 541-731-0254. She would be happy to answer any questions, and we are so incredibly grateful to both Mara and Brett Gomsrud for their leadership and teamwork in providing an incredible evening for us all to enjoy!
We found a pair of eyeglasses on the school playground (picture attached). Please check in with the office if these are yours!
Upcoming Charlemagne School Dates
February 10 4J Parent Leaders Network fundraising meeting
February 18 PTO General Meeting
February 21 Mardi Gras
February 24 Charlemagne equity team meeting
February 27 Oregon Battle of the Books
February 28 Final OBOB battle
April 2 Science Fair
April 17 Charlemagne Soiree
Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!
ErinMarie Langsdorf and Jenny Jonak