Welcome to Math Madness!
Math Madness is a fundraiser that helps us maintain our current level of staff (educational assistants & interns) so that we can continue to provide our children our unique educational experience.
Participation in Math Madness simply means doing the math and returning the corrected math packet with the collection envelope by the due date. Donations are not required to participate, but greatly appreciated.
In prior years, Math Madness raised:
2017 : $9,805.59
2016 : $9,347.44
2015 : $14,809.80
Read-a-thon raised over $10,000 this year. Help us do it again!
Questions? Please reach out to Marcia Yu (email@example.com).
For online donations, please click the button below:
Here’s how it’s done:
1/8/2018 : Students are given math packets
If you lost your packet, click on these links to download:
- Kinder packet
- 1st grade packet
- 2nd grade packet
- 3rd grade packet
- 4th grade packet
- 5th grade packet
- Directions & Tracking sheet
1/8 – 1/15: Students do math problems, seek pledges, & collect donations.
- Pledges can be either payment for each correct answer or a flat donation.
- For example, Grandpa pledges $2 for each correct answer. Sally finishes all 20 problems and got 18 correct. Sally just made $36 for Charlemagne!
1/16 – 1/19: Students turn in completed envelopes with donations.
- Collection envelopes can be turned in Math Madness boxes in classrooms.
- The sooner your student turns in their completed envelope, the more chances they have to win a daily prize!
Daily Prize = $1 gold coin!
- Principal Eric randomly picks 1 name per class (2 per grade) from those that turned in envelopes.
- Bernadette announces daily winners. Daily winners go see Bernadette to collect their $1 gold coin.
- If you turn your completed envelope in on Tues., you have a chance to win Tues., Wed., Thurs., & Fri. (4 chances to win).
- You can only win the daily prize once (to give others a chance).
In addition, every class that achieves 100% participation wins an extra recess!
Notes: Any donations made to Charlemagne can be written off for tax purposes. Please use Charlemagne’s PTO EIN# 46-1825220.
For donations above $200, please note the full name & address of donor on your student’s Math Madness envelope. The PTO would like to mail them a personal tax receipt.