Dear Charlemagne Families:
We dodged some weather forecasts for snow last week! Hope everyone is staying warm and dry and looking forward to all of our activities listed below!
Just a reminder there is no school tomorrow, January 20, 2020– happy birthday to Martin Luther King, Jr.! The holiday encourages civic, community and service projects and this week and last, many classrooms will be or have engaged in conversation and activities.
Our next PTO meeting will be at 6:30 pm on Tuesday, January 21. We would love to have as many parents participate as possible! Please come join us and learn more about what we’re doing. We’d love to get your input on a number of upcoming school activities! Childcare will be available.
Winter Movie Night
On Friday, January 24, we will have our winter movie and popcorn night in the Charlemagne cafeteria for families to enjoy. The movie is to be determined by the top class who participates in Mathathon so get those packets turned in next week! We can ensure you the selection will be appropriate for K through 5th grade. Students will have some fun choices to vote on.
We would love to have some volunteers to help with the move night including setting up the cafeteria, making popcorn, and clean up. You can sign up here:
Last week was the start of our annual Math-a-Thon fundraiser, formerly called Math Madness!
ADD the Math-a-Thon to your calendar. We are going to have SUM fun!
Math-a-Thon is a fun two-week activity where we promote math awareness and enjoyment, and provide math challenges for the students. Donations are not required to participate, but are greatly appreciated. All donations are used to support our French interns and education assistants.
On January 13, Charlemagne students received a packet of math problems that are oriented towards their grade level. Some of the problems are straightforward; some are very challenging! From January 13th to January 20th, the students work on their packets and seek pledges and donations.
Starting on January 21st students bring back their packet for fun prizes and recognition! Classes with a 90% participation or higher earn a STAR WARS PARTY!
The class with the highest participation rate will get to vote for the choice of movie for our Movie Night from a selection of predetermined titles!
For online donations, please use this link: https://squareup.com/store/charlemagnePTO
Scroll down to “Math-a-Thon.”
All donations are tax deductible. The Charlemagne PTO tax EIN # is 46-1825220.
We are COUNTING on your participation. Don’t be the ODD one out! When we work together we can MULTIPLY our efforts.
Community Night Out – Bowling at Emerald Lanes
During the week of January 27-31, join us for bowling at Emerald Lanes! While you enjoy bowling fun with your Charlemagne friends, 50% of the proceeds will go to Charlemagne PTO to support programs at our school. Please be sure to present a copy of the flyer at the end of this newsletter so that the school gets credit. Spread the word and invite your family and friends to join!
Box Tops – New and Improved
Box Tops is a simple way to earn money for the PTO. So far we have made around $90.00 this school year. The way Box Tops donates to our school has changed! Please watch this short video for directions/information on how to continue donating to Charlemagne using Box Tops and your phone. No more clipping, just scan your receipt and money is sent our way. Thank you for continuing to use this simple fundraiser for our school.
Other Rewards Programs:
Various businesses give back to non-profits like our Charlemagne PTO with no additional cost to the consumer. All you need to do is to sign up and keep your information up to date.
· Amazon Smile: AmazonSmile uses the same login as your regular Amazon account, but you must shop at smile.amazon.com to contribute
ᴑ 1) go to https://smile.amazon.com/
ᴑ 2) type in ‘Charlemagne at Fox Hollow PTO Company’ & then select.
· Market of Choice:
o 1) go to escrip at https://secure.escrip.com/signup/index.jsp
o 2) Type in ‘Charlemagne French Immersion Elementary’
o 3) Register your payment cards
o 4) Shop with your registered cards
· Fred Meyer’s Community Rewards Program: Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. You can search by name (Charlemagne PTO) or by the non-profit number (QJ541). Use your rewards numbers when you shop.
· SeQuential Biofuel Station: It’s as simple as telling the attendant “I’d like to donate to Charlemagne French Immersion” and they take care of the rest.
· BOX TOP$ for Education has gone DIGITAL!
o Download the app available at the App Store or on Google Play
o Create a username & password
o Select Charlemagne French Immersion as your school
o Scan participating items with your smart device as you purchase!
Hectic life and just want to make automatic payment donations to the PTO? That’s easy too! Use your PayPal account to make monthly automatic payments to email@example.com
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click PayPal Credit.
- Click Make a payment.
- Click Automatic payments.
- Select the amount to pay each month.
- Select the payment method.
- Click Continue.
- Review your payment details and click Agree and Schedule Payments.
Other School News
January School Choice
Just a reminder that January is school choice month for the Eugene 4J school district. All families MUST enroll their students in the lottery, even if a sibling is already attending Charlemagne. If you know of families who are interested in attending Charlemagne, information about the lottery can be found here:
Families can learn more about our school and program by attending one of the following events:
- Charlemagne School Choice events: Three events will be held at school and the last two happen this week and next.
- Tuesday, January 21 @ 5:30 pm (Childcare provided)
- Wednesday, January 29 @ 9:00 am (No children please)
If you know of anyone considering Charlemagne, please remind them of the dates and to RSVP! And, if you have flexibility in your schedule, chat with Mme Courtney about leading a school tour or speaking at an information session. You can also share your own experience with school choice by dropping her an email.
Our school carnival is on its way just about a month away! Mardi Gras is a time to be together as a community enjoying eachothers company, playing old fashioned and new carnival games and having fun. Please save the date for Friday February 21st! In the meantime our fabulous Chairwoman, Marta Cuboni, firstname.lastname@example.org is looking for people to help coordinate and plan this event for our children. Please email her if you can spare any amount of time and she will gladly put you to work! It’s such a fun event to help coordinate!
Charlemagne’s Soiree is the school’s largest fundraiser. This year, it will be April 17, so please be sure to save the date on your calendars. The auction raises thousands of dollars for Educational Assistants and Amity Interns. It enables us to have classroom assistants to help keep our class sizes manageable and provide intervention for students who need support.
There are several ways you can help contribute to the Soiree.
- If you have or know of a business who would like to Sponsor the Soiree, we have multiple levels of sponsorships available with marketing packages!
- If you or someone you know has a business or a skill that would make a good silent auction item, please donate! Possibilities are endless but examples could include gift certificates, artwork, experiences, tickets to an event, gift baskets, etc.
- If you or someone you know has an experience that would make a good live auction package, please consider donating. Examples include cooking a meal for a group of people, party packages, vacation rentals, or even things we can combine with other donations to create a package.. We would be happy to brainstorm with you how any of this may work!
- If you have any amount of time to volunteer there are several ways you can help leading up to the auction or on the day of the auction! It does not need to be a lot of time – even a couple hours can make a big impact!
For any questions about the Soiree or how you can help, please contact our amazing Soiree coordinator, Mara Gregory. You can email her at Mara-Gregory@kw.com or call her at 541-731-0254. She would be happy to answer any questions, and we are so incredibly grateful to her for her leadership with this extremely important event!
We are still looking for parents willing to volunteer as representatives for your child’s class to liaison with the PTO once a month at our monthly meetings. This will ensure the families in each classroom are connected with the PTO. Please email email@example.com if you’re willing to volunteer. We need reps for:
Fourth Grade – Mme. Shelli & Mme. Jana
Fifth Grade – Mme. Grabowski
Upcoming Charlemagne School Dates
January 13-24 Math-a-thon Fundraiser (formerly Math Madness)
January 20 No School – MLK day
January 21 PTO meeting at 6:30 pm
January 24 Winter Movie Night
January 27 Parent Equity Meeting at 6:30 pm
January 27-31 Emerald Lanes Bowling Community Night Out
January 31 No School – Grading day
February 21 Mardi Gras
April 17 Charlemagne Soiree
Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!
ErinMarie Langsdorf and Jenny Jonak