It’s hard to believe, but here we are entering the final two days of the school year! We hope everyone is looking forward to a wet and wild Field Day on Tuesday. Grab a volunteer spot while you still can! Please bring your lunch and the entire family to stay after Field Day; school will be released at 11:45 a.m. Student supervision will end promptly at 12:00 p.m. to allow teachers to finish grading and readying their classrooms for summer. Please continue to turn in Tour du Monde packets to the box located in the hallway across from Bernadette’s office. You can donate NOW online or send this link to friends and family to donate: https://squareup.com/store/
A giant thank you to those who have contributed to Tour du Monde among other fundraisers this year. As donations continue to trickle in, we feel confident we have successfully reached our goal to support staffing for the 2019-2020 school year! Fantastique! Merci beaucoup to all of our incredible parents, grandparents, teachers and community members who invested countless hours of time and energy into our beloved program at Charlemagne this year. We cannot thank you enough for your commitment to your children’s education and showing up to events to help support the program! We hope you have a restful and rejuvenating summer! ErinMarie Langsdorf and Jenny Jonak PTO Co-chairs
Bonjour les familles!
Change in Report Cards – Mailed Home
Field Day is coming June 18! This event is our special end of year outdoor celebration with games and fun for all! It is a popular event so if you’re interested in helping please sign up here and come enjoy the fun!
This year we will be having a community picnic after school release from 11:45-12:45. School supervision ends at noon at which point you need to have your child(ren) in your care. Bring a blanket and lunch and come and join our Frenchie community as we close out the school year. The schedule of events for the last day is as follows: 8:30 – School Begins, students should go to class as normal 8:45 – 9:15 – Assembly (students and staff only) 9:15 – 11:15 – Field Day (volunteers welcome) please sign up here 11:15 – 11:45 – Transition back to classrooms for popsicles and final goodbyes 11:45 – 12:00 – Dismissal and pick-up Please note: Your student may not leave with a parent from Field Day without checking out via the front office. In addition, students will have some final time in their classrooms together before being dismissed for the day. Please help us keep track of our students by following our regular procedures. Thank you!
- Interested in learning about another culture?
- Looking for an opportunity to share your own culture and community?
- Able to provide 3 meals a day and a bed?
- Ready for a new and exciting year?
- The lost and found in the cafeteria is full! Please stop by to collect any of your student’s forgotten belongings. Anything left on 6/18 at noon will be donated.
- If you are moving and NOT coming back to Charlemagne please let us know. Any address changes can be made in the front office.
- Medication cannot be sent home with students on the last day so please stop in the office to pick it up.
- The office will be open until Tuesday, June 25 with reduced hours. Please call before coming. The office will reopen on Tuesday, August 20
Many thanks for your attention to these year-end details!
Incoming Roosevelt Middle School Parents
YMCA Before and After Care Spots Filling Quickly for Fall
- Click here to log in or create your online account. Once that is created, click on the basketball icon labeled “programs”, search for your school’s program, and follow the prompts to complete your registration.
- Or, click here to access a paper registration form to print out and bring in to the YMCA.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
- Library Assistant (next year)
- Readathon Co-Chair (fall 2019)
- Auction Co-Chair (next year)
- Host family recruitment assistant
- Yearbook Committee (next year)
- SWAG Coordinator (next year)
Direct Drive Continues:
• Send a check to Charlemagne PTO at the school: 3875 Kincaid Street, Eugene, OR., 97405.
For your records, our tax ID number is
We recognize not every family can contribute equally to a direct drive request. We also know our families give in other equally important ways and are grateful for the time spent in classrooms and at community events. We recognize all types of support are necessary and valuable to the success of our school!
Summer Camp Opportunities Below:
PEGASUS PLAYHOUSE YOUTH MUSICAL THEATER AUDITIONS
Tutoring in French and Sports
Get Coach Mo this summer to catch up or keep up with your math, French, tennis, soccer, or music skills, and come back after summer like an expert. Mo has 2 kids in French immersion. He’s currently a licensed tennis coach at YMCA and a licensed soccer coach at Eugene Timbers. Mo taught all ages for 20+ years, including at UO. Fluent in 5 languages, some of his tennis clients do their tennis lessons in French! Check out GetCoachMo.com for personalized tutoring to reach your goals. For more information please contact Mo! Mo Jemmali www.GetCoachMo.com 541-246-4317
Super Summer at Oak Hill
Oak Hill School has amazing summer programs for Talented and Gifted (TAG) students. Summer isn’t too far off and it’s time for families to start planning their summer camps.
They offer 3 unique summer programs:
Super Summer has challenging classes and activities for TAG/gifted student who have completed K-7th grades (2018-2019 school year).
Summer Enrichment Program (SEP) is a residential academic experience, for TAG/gifted students who have completed grades 6-11, located at the University of Oregon.
Summer on the Hill is a learning and recreational opportunities for all youth who have completed grades
Learn more at http://oakhillschool.com/
Rose Children’s Theatre: Summer Camps
Summer At Upstart Crow Children’s Theatre
Join Upstart Crow Children’s Theatre for a wide variety of camps and
musical theatre fun all summer! Join us for our week-long Outdoor Theatre
Camps throughout the summer for ages 5-8 or 9-13 with fun themes such as
Elephant and Piggie, Where the Wild Things Are, Robin Hood and more. If
you’re looking for musical theatre fun come be a part of one of our Summer
Stock Productions—join us for High School Musical 2 Jr. (Ages 12-18) July
15-26th and Music Man KIDS (Ages 8-12) August 12th-23rd. Whether your child
is an experienced thespian, or looking to try out the stage for the first
time, Upstart Crow Children’s Theatre provides an inclusive environment for
a diverse community of students.
For more information and to register for a camp or production visit our
website. Tuition assistance available to qualified families.
SEHS Soccer Camp 2019:
At SEHS Soccer Camp, your child will enjoy all the high school soccer team players as counselors, learn from their years of experience, and have a lot of fun improving his or her skills and confidence! Games are played that are age appropriate for their grade.Kids are grouped by grade so they will see a lot of old and new friends. Each soccer player receives a new soccer ball.
- June 24-27, 2019 — 9am-2pm
- South Eugene High School Turf Field/Open to all students entering Grades 1-9 in the Fall
- Cost: $140 for 1st child* $120 for 2nd child *Free and Reduce Lunch $70
Register at: Seathletics.com/main/