Last Chance for Canned Food Drive
Many thanks to everyone who attended our amazing Mardi Gras event on Friday. It was a great community event. Special thanks to our fantastic Mardi Gras committee: Erika Noteboom – Mardi Gras Chairperson, Troy Garcia – Mardi Gras Store, and Karol Herbert – Staffle Raffle.
Our annual Canned Food Drive for Food for Lane County, continues through February 27. Look for the collection bins outside your grade level classrooms. This is a great way to reach out to the community that we live in.
Thanks to everyone who joined us at Laughing Planet for our restaurant fundraiser and especially to Cynthia Stenger-Riplinger for coordinating.
Have a wonderful week!
Shannon Tom and Chris Miller
March 8: Site Council, 3:15
March 16: Science Fair
March 21: PTO Meeting, 6:30-8:00
March 27-April 3: Spring Break
Oak Hill School will again be running Super Summer and SEP, formerly run by the University of Oregon Center for Youth Enrichment/Talented and Gifted Education. We are excited to start our second year of Super Summer and (SEP) Summer Enrichment Program. Super Summer has expanded to include k-7th grades. We offer two sessions this year.
Session I June 26-July 14 (K-7th)
Session II Aug 14- Aug 25 (K-7th)
SEP- July 23- Aug 5 ( 6-11th grades)
See the attached flyer for more information.
Spring sessions of soccer and lacrosse are open for registration for a limited time. See the attached flyer for more information.
3rd Grade Canoe Island Fundraiser at the Science Fair, March 16
Hello 3rd grade parents. In 1 1/2 short years our kids will be going to Canoe Island as a class. Yay!
It’s hard to believe but there’s already a little work to do in 3rd grade for this trip, which happens at Science Fair. We are hoping someone can step up to take on this role next month.
Science Fair March 16th Fundraiser description:
- 3rd grade sells food at this year’s Science Fair as a fundraiser. Canoe Island traditionally has 2 fundraisers: one at Science Fair, and the other next year at Mardi Gras. Both food.
- These monies go in a general fund to offset the cost of Canoe Island for our class.The monies from our food sales are reserved specifically for our class.
- Right now we need someone to coordinate donated pizza and other treats to be sold at Science Fair. And also to coordinate people to be at Science Fair doing the selling.
- One person could do all of this, or 3-4 people could tackle it together.
- Beyond donated pizza and maybe a treat, we ask all 3rd grade parents to make some type of food to sell at science fair.
- 3rd grade typically raises about $600 on food sales at Science Fair, so that is our goal too
Science Fair is on March 16th. Please refer to this Sign-Up Genius to sign up and help!