Mardi Gras is this Friday!
Four donation opportunities this week:
- Teacher appreciation raffle items to be dropped in the office by Wednesday
- Class raffle donations to be dropped in the classroom by Wednesday, Thursday pm at the latest
- Canned food competition drive: donations due by Wednesday – Please see below for further information!
- Calling all bakers: please donate cakes for the cake walk on Friday- labeled for cake walk, and please, no nut items.
The Oregon Battle of Books battles were so much fun this past week! A big thank you to all of our volunteers and a special thanks to Jennifer Frei for all her amazing organization!
Excited to see you all at Mardi Gras!
Gina Thompson & Melissa Gomsrud
Feb. 27 – Mardi Gras – 5:30 p.m. – Cafeteria/Gymnasium
March 13 – No school (Professional Development Day)
March 19 – PTO meeting – 6:30 p.m. – Library
March 22-27 – Spring Break
The Yearbook Needs You
Could you be the photo editor for your child’s class?
As the yearbook committee revs up to assemble the 2015 book, we realize that we can be much more efficient if we had a parent from each classroom who enjoys photography, can help collect photos from room parents, and has a basic understanding of dropbox, to help us identify kids from their classroom and sort them into that students dropbox folder.
This “Classroom Photo Editor” could be you. We especially need photo editors for the 2nd, 4th and 5th grades.
It’s a fairly easy position and will help you get to know the kids in your child’s classroom, plus you will have fun with the awesome yearbook team!
Please contact me or Chris Miller if you need more info or would like to represent a classroom.
Thank you for your help.
Constance Van Flandern
- Art Submission is open to all students K-5th grade.
- Art may be submitted in color or black and white.
- Artists may use any medium (paint, crayon, ink, photo of clay work, collage, anything!).
- The central theme is the Royal Fox. Art may (but does not have to) include French details, Mardi Gras details, school details.
- Please submit art on 8.5” x 11” paper.
- Full color art using the full paper surface area is preferred for cover art, but other art may be used on inside pages where possible.
- All art should be submitted to the art collection ‘Fox Box’ in the main office by Friday, Feb. 27.
For more information, click here for the flyer.
Mardi Gras Canned Food Drive
Our annual canned food drive kicks off on Feb. 17 and culminates on Feb. 27 with our Mardi Gras celebration. It seems only right that our celebration of a day renowned for feasting and plenty would be tied in with an opportunity for the Charlemagne community to share with families in the Eugene/Springfield area who would otherwise go to bed hungry.
So start collecting canned and dry food items to donate starting Feb. 16. Collection bins will be available in the breezeway and front office. Last year, we collected around 300 cans; let’s see if we can double that this year.
Sponsored by Charlemagne’s Esprit de Corps Committee.
Mardi Gras Bakers Needed
Calling all bakers! We need cakes for prizes for the cakewalk. You can also bring other baked good items, such as a pie, or cupcakes, but they need to be labeled for Cakewalk and in groups of at least 6.
Please try to avoid products containing nuts. Sign up is in the office with Bernadette.
Also, volunteers still needed for set up Friday after drop off, again at 1:30 p.m., and for clean up. Please sign up in the office or email Erika Noteboom at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Girl Scout Cookie Alert
Looking for a yummy after school treat? A local Charlemagne Girl Scout Troop will be selling cookies after school Tuesday Feb. 17 through Friday, Feb. 20.
Have some news to share?
Do you have news to share with the Charlemange community in our enews, Facebook page or website? Please email us with articles by Thursday at 5 p.m. to be included in the following week’s news.