A Plethora of Easy Fundraisers
We are just moving along with fall and it’s hard to believe the holidays will be here soon. Starting off the holiday season, a big thanks goes out to Alice Webb for all her work on the Wreath and Poinsettia Fundraiser from Johnson Brothers. The totals sales were $4,209.00 with a profit to Charlemagne for $1,593.25. Thank you everyone who participated in this fundraiser.
The Holiday Market is coming up on Dec. 5 and, if you are looking for gift wrap, see information below on our online fundraiser for Innisbrook. Also below is fundraiser information for Tactics and Unique Eugene Gift Certificates that could make some nice holiday gifts.
We are kicking off our Turkey Donation Drive this week. If you are able to help out, please see information below.
The Southeast Neighbors are holding a fall meeting on Nov. 11, where they will be discussing on preparing for winter, but let’s hope we don’t have one like last year. All Charlemagne families are invited to attend. Please see below for more information.
Lastly if you are looking for some entertainment, Rose Children’s Theatre is performing Peter Pan Jr. Some of our own Charlemagne kids are performing. Click here for the flyer.
Hope everyone has a great week!
Melissa Gomsrud and Gina Thompson
Thanksgiving Turkey Donation Drive
In honor of Thanksgiving, let’s remember those in our own school community. Please give $ to Charlemagne’s Turkey Donation Drive Nov. 12 – 21.
Let’s make sure everyone has a feast on Thanksgiving Day! Please donate cash or checks to benefit Charlemagne families in need of food assistance during the holidays. Look for the orange pumpkin to deposit your donations in the main office. Make checks out to “Fox Hollow PTO.”
Note: Any surplus money will be donated to Food for Lane County.
Sponsored by Esprit de Corps. For more information, contact Gina Thompson at541-513-6062.
Confidential: If you are struggling financially, and could use some food assistance this Thanksgiving, please speak up. Don’t be shy (no questions asked), just call us. Please give your name to Bernadette in the main office (541-790-3177) or to the Esprit de Corps Committee Chair: Gina Thompson (541-513-6062). We will keep your name confidential.
Innisbrook Online Gift Wrap Fundraiser
Are you interested in purchasing gift wrap again this year? Follow these easy steps for online ordering and delivery straight to your home!
- Go to www.innisbrook.com/friends
- Enter school # 106789
- Choose: Charlemagne
- Click “Click here if you do not want to assign credit”
Spend $85 or more and shipping is free. Charlemagne receives 40% of the profit. The sale goes until Dec. 1.
4th Annual Charlemagne Holiday Market
Friday, Dec. 5, 1:30-4 p.m. Come pick up your poinsettias in the gym and join us for some holiday cheer while shopping for seasonal items!
Sign up to have a table at the market in the office. There’s no fee to attend or have a table, but you must sign up to have a spot. Kids are encouraged.
Items featured for sale in the past: fancy cookies, soap, candles, hair ties, pottery, books, knitwear, and more.
To volunteer for set up or tear down, or to get general questions answered about this fun event, email Stephanie Hand at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (541) 510-9595. We look forward to seeing you there!
Southeast Neighbors Winter Prep Meeting
Southeast Neighbors is having a meeting focused on preparing for winter on Nov. 11 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm in the Good Samaritan Society Meeting Room on 3500 Hilyard St. All Charlemagne families are invitation to attend. Click here for more information.
Tactics Board Shop Fundraiser, Nov. 14-16
When: Nov. 14, 15, 16 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
What: 20% of total purchase at Tactics Board Shop will be donated to Charlemagne PTO.
How and Where: In-store orders at Tactics Board Shop with a flyer or mention code “Charlemagne.”
Online orders placed over the phone (541-349-0087) with mention of
code “Charlemagne.” Free shipping included.
- Also applies to special orders placed over the phone at Tactics for Patagonia clothing (with mention of code “Charlemagne”). Free shipping included. Patagonia product availability subject to dealer availability.
- Sorry, no returns of Patagonia special orders. However, new, unused Patagonia products can be exchanged at the Portland Patagonia store.
- Not combinable with any other promotion/discounts.
- Eugene store is open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. 375 W 4th Ave, Eugene, OR 97401
- Website: www.tactics.com
Unique Eugene Gift Certificates Fundraiser, Nov 17-19
Do you plan to spend at least $10 at local Eugene retailers this holiday season? If so, why not help Charlemagne receive 10% of that in donations?
Unique Eugene gift certificates will be for sale at morning drop off and in the office Nov. 17, 18, 19 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday).
Here’s what you need to know:
- Unique Eugene Gift Certificates are sold in increments of $10.
- Valid at all 20 Unique Eugene Member merchants.
- $1 of every $10 gift certificate sold goes immediately to Charlemagne PTO.
- Gift certificates do not expire.
- Checks or cash only, please.
20 ways to spend money in your local community for Charlemagne for the holidays:
- Snowboard goggles? (Tactics)
- Bike helmet? (Paul’s Bicycle Way)
- Children’s book? (Smith Family Book Store)
- Toy or Game? (Eugene Toy and Hobby)
- Slab of fresh fish? (Newman’s)
- Milkshake? (Prince Puckler’s)
- Organic produce? (The Kiva)
- Bottle of Oregon Pinot Noir? (Sundance Wine Cellars)
- Garden amendments? (Down to Earth)
- Art canvas for your youngest artist? (Oregon Art Supply)
- Vitamins? (Evergreen Nutrition)
- Dog food? (Healthy Pet)
- Last minute gift? (Holiday Market)
- Print a picture of your little one? (Dot Dotson’s)
- Bead project? (Harlequin Beads)
- Flowers or necklace? (Passionflower)
- Fancy jewelry? (Goldworks)
- Eye exam? (Rainbow Optics)
- Oregon made furniture? (Riley’s Real Wood Furniture)
- Urban farming supplies? (Backyard Farmer)
Have some news to share?
Do you have news to share with the Charlemange community in our enews, Facebook page or website? Please email us with articles by Thursday at 5 p.m. to be included in the following week’s news.